Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Soul Mates


I search for the words to express how i feel for you.
I don't feel there are enough words that will ever do
I am merely a human, with human words to speak.
Expressing these feelings i feel are what i truly I seek.

As i sit here trying to write this poem for you
I realize nothing even compares to how much i adore
I start a sentence and then have to erase once again
So now here i sit quietly and wonder how i begin

Do i speak of how beautiful your eyes shine?
Or how happy i am to know that you are mine.
Or do i try to explain how it feels to be in your arms
And how much i am lost in your wonderful charms.

Do i tell you how every time we touch I come alive.
It's your understanding of all these things that i strive.
Of how the passion explodes inside like a bomb
How being with you makes me feel tranquil and calm

I get lost every time i look into your eyes
And how from your love i would never hide
But how do i express these in the way i should
Oh my love how i truly wish that i could

How do i explain to you how i feel about it all
Of how into your arms i always wish to always fall
Or how i feel our souls are entwined as one
And how i believe that you truly are the one

There is only one word in which comes close
To explaining to you what i feel the most
And that is that i feel that we are soul mates
Forever and ever as one, this i feel is our fate

But alas it is merely a word that doesn't compare
To how much i love to run my fingers through your hair
Or how much i love to kiss your soft, tender lips
Or how much passion fills me when you touch my hips

All i can seem to muster are the words 'i love you'
And if you ever left me i would forever be blue
These words could never compare to what i feel
But I love you forever and i always will.

No comments: