Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Clue

You tell me not to give up on this the fight
and that sometimes life just isn't right
Then you tell me to try with all my might
That i should just accept life with all it's blight

Yet the cold heart inside my chest still bleeds red.
And I lay here night after night crying on my bed.
As reminders of all the words you've said
Just run rampantly throughout my weary head

I tell you this life isn't the life i wish to live.
that there is more to this life than i wish to give
Somehow i can't seem to let go or to forgive
And all the memories i just manage to relive

So I lay here tonight as thoughts run around my mind
My thoughts haunt me over and over, all of the time
And nothing more do I hope for than for you to be mine
But no longer do you wish for our bodies to entwine.

So in silence i sit and contemplate my own fate.
And wonder if it's truly my life in which i wish to take
And if it is possible to give up and completely forsake
As I lay here on my bed wishing to never again awake.

While i lay here weeping silently on this bed we once shared.
I contemplate all that has gone on and if you really cared.
And i wonder if it mattered at all that my heart was bared.
And your leaving was the only thing in life i really feared.

But when I sit and think about all that has come about.
And that I hoped you'd believe in me without a doubt.
I thought that I made you see that it's you i can't live without.
I've come to realize that we were never on the same route.

And as my heart lies here bleeding tears for you.
I know now that there was never anything i could truly do.
To make you search your heart and make you be true.
It's now that i understand that i never even had a clue

No comments: