Sunday, September 23, 2007

My Brothers...



As i was growing up, my brothers were..hellions..for lack of a better word..they were always trying to supp something up, or tear it up in some way, shape or form..they were always out for some good times..for them...not anyone else.. They liked to cause trouble and they loved to be mean, i think it's still their main goals in life..not sure...at any rate, when i was around 4 or 5 years old i had this big red trike. I loved that thing...We also had a large dog, his name was Baddude...and let me tell ya, he lived up to his name... He was half German Sheppard and half Alaskan husky. He was one big ol dog..he was also a former trained police dog, best dog i've had in my life, bar none. Anyways, he had a bit of a temper, for example, you could not pet him while he was eating, or he'd take your arm off...He chased cars down the street, he loved shiny hub caps..he chased the mail man..we had him chained up on a CAR TOWING CHAIN and that dog literally snapped the thing once a week. My father would get annoyed cus those things are costly after a while. Sorry i go off on tangents but i hope it helps you understand them a lil better..if not, let me know and i'll stop getting myself side tracked, i really don't put much thought into my grammar, etc cus i'm busy trying to tell you the story and not anything else..so pretty much what i type is what i'd be saying if you were sitting in front of me..w/ exception of this paragraph of course lol Back to my story now..So this one beautiful winter morning, it snowed, not much but about 4 or 5 inches. I loved the snow, just loved it, but all kids do...anyway, i grabbed my trike and i was riding it along where the sidewalk should be, i was having a great time..then my brothers were riding their bikes out in the street...well they heard the dog bark, and somehow or another a light bulb came up over one of their heads and next thing i know... They grab baddude from the back yard, and they have him on a lead, they attach it to my bike,..he's half sled dog..so yea, let's make candy's bike into a sled! Sure why not! Let's go...*frowns a lil* Anyway, they get him all tied up and put me on my trike..and then suddenly, a car comes down the road..and oh yes, it just HAD to have shiny hubcaps..yes indeed..so baddude, barking, spitting, drooling, running at top speed chases the car and away i go with him...i fall off quickly but somehow manage to grab hold of the flat piece of the back axle and so then i'm body surfing in the snow..i'm screaming, crying, pleading baddude to stop..i next see my father fly out of the house and ask the boys wth they were doing,..they are like..dunno ...and run off on their bikes and go hide.. Meanwhile, still attached to the trike and the dog, i'm still sailing down the street, and finally the car got to the end of the road...luckily for me, baddude would not go off of our road, so he came to a dead stop. I finally stood up and whapped baddude on the head and went crying to my daddy. Pops asked me what happened and so i tell him..he turns like 50 shades of red before he starts calling for the boys..they come running, scared as hell...Pops beat the asses and sent them to their room for a week over it, but they still laugh about how funny it was watching me sailing down the road.. It is funny now, looking back it's a riot, but back then it scared me silly. But it's a good memory and one i will always cherish of the time when innocence was still there and happiness was riding your trike in the snow and making snow angels in the snow was a great time had by all..

No comments: