Thursday, May 3, 2007

Dreams of You

I originally posted this just a moment ago in myspace, but i liked it so much i wanted to post it here also:

A soft breeze blows through my hair as the scent of hyacinth intertwines itself to the gentle wind and seemingly becomes an entity all it's own. I saunter down a pathway that leads deep into the woodlands. As i take in the enchanting floral scent, the beautiful array of flora and fauna comes into view.


I see you standing there, further down the path, and a quiet expression of adoration crosses my face as the distance between us dissipates. My eyes lock with yours quickly and happily, as i notice then contented smile come across your lips.

I stand before you and continue to stare up into your eyes and notice how blue they are against the azure sky and lush tree line that lies behind you. I take your hand in mine and then we both embrace, laughing just like children in the midst of it all. Our arms slide to each others waists as we begin to walk down the serene path. Our jovial laughter and calm prattle fill the atmosphere as we slowly disappear off into the woods....

My eyes flutter quickly as i reach out to you.... Momentarily I'm disoriented and then reality sets in like a knife in hot butter. My fingers come back empty and I let out a soft sigh before i roll over and go back to sleep....

Dreams so real, such a blessing and a curse, i realize that now...Sometimes waking up can be the worst thing that happens to me throughout the day..but oh how disheartening it can be. Even the most beautiful dreams can be ruined by the light of day, but i so cherish each of the ones i have of you, even if they don't ever come true.

No comments: