Monday, May 21, 2007

Frustration...

As most people already know, i go out every Sunday night. Last night was no exception to this 'rule'. But last night was a night unlike I've had in so many years, it's hard to even fathom how long it's actually been since i got so angry.

To explain..first, we got to the bar and Maggie, the waitress, tells us that we have to stay in the room downstairs because they are going to clean the carpet..which annoyed me because there's only one pool table down stairs and someone was already playing on it. A little annoyance only, i accepted that and moved on.

So after that, we get our drinks and Adam and i start playing pool while April plays the jukebox. Normally April plays a lot of music that i love, but last night she plays a lot of country..normally i love country, but when i'm drinking, it's not a good combination to keep me in good spirits. I've been pretty depressed about not getting to see my honey very often so listening to sad, sappy country is not really something i need to do when i'm drinking...But again, that's another minor annoyance that normally i wouldn't let get to me.

Then...another minor annoyance comes to pass, Amanda shows up. First off, i don't care much for Amanda lately anyway, i don't know what her beef is with me and i don't really care..but her attitude with me as of late has been less than favorable. However, she's still a minor and has no business being in a bar to begin with, let alone drinking there!! She and Erin both should not be there. So if that's not bad enough, Bridget's 15 year old daughter also shows up...I go out to get away from kids not be around them. So this again makes me even more upset.

So with all these people there (approximately 10-12 in our group alone) the bar was really busy, and they only have one waitress on Sundays, so she was working her ass off and too busy to get us drinks. Plus our normal bartender was not there, so that made matters worse, cus the girl didn't know how to make my drink right *grumbles*

Okay so, the night progresses, and it's not long before everyone starts making it really difficult for me and Adam to play pool. We had to stop constantly cus the drunk girls were in the way either sitting on the end of the table right next to the pool table or up dancing on each other. Normally this wouldn't bug me so much, but again, all the other things combined did not go well with me. After a couple hours of them not being respectful enough to stay out of the way i finally just started not caring if i hit them and kept playing..something I'd normally NEVER do. So my attitude upset me even more....

Time progresses on, Linda shows up and the first words out of her mouth were asking if my guy had shown up and of course for whatever reason he wasn't able to come, and that was fine, but it made me more upset. I told her immediately that i was leaving soon and she asked me why and i stated the above things that i was already upset about, and told her that i just wasn't in the mood to deal with all the crap tonight and she understood, hugged me and went on to talk to the rest of the gang.

Well, Adam got busy chatting with the girls and watching them rub all over one another, which yes..got me more upset, hard to play pool with someone who's not paying attention. Bad move on his part really, but i understand why he did this, cus it was hard to not pay attention to them, they were always in the way. But already pissed off Candy...yea..anyway, so i started playing pool by myself, i played 2 games, cleared the table both times, put my pool cue back in its case and headed to the bar to cash out. (because we are regulars they let me keep a tab.)

As i was walking out to leave, krys saw that i was leaving and asked me why, then 3 others were there, and i was like, nothing i just wanna go home etc. So i just keep doing what i'm doing, and head out to my car as if they weren't there, and of course, half of em follow me out wanting to know why i'm so upset and leaving without saying goodbye.

Granted, i shouldn't have been so heartless or whatever, but my momma always said, if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything...and at that moment nothing i had to say would be nice, so i tried to leave without causing a fuss, or causing them to have less of a fun time. Krys was really upset with me because she came out there to hang with me, and of course Adam also. Krys and April both sat in my car while i was trying to pull out, and i was half tempted to just take them home with me instead of dealing with them..but then Linda came out, and i can't just pretend like nothing is wrong at this point. So i flat out tell them..'this is my place to chill, my place to get away from the fucking world, to get away from the children etc, and there are 3 minors with us tonight and 2 of them are drinking and getting stupid drunk and it is going to get us all banned from this place, and this is MY place to chill.' Selfish, i know, i know..but still, they don't belong there!!

Anyways, i finally agreed to go down to carriage house with them for breakfast, but i left with Linda and she and i kicked back down there and ate until they showed up. Then we went outside for a smoke and left not long after. I was glad for Linda being there, had she not, i'm not sure how much longer i would have been able to hold my tongue toward the damn minors.

At any rate, i'm done with my rant of the day, I am upset with myself for being such an ass last night, it's not like me...But stressor on top of stressor is never good. Eventually a person has to fold under the pressure of it all.

No comments: