Saturday, May 12, 2007

Gas prices and other craziness...

Well today is the first day of my 9 day vacation and i'm so excited to have the time off and not have to deal w/ this bs anymore! Well for 9 days anyway.

Last night was a pretty odd night, one of our regular customers....we call him stalker jim..he handed me an envelope w/ 150 bux in it..to get tags on my car..i seriously considered giving it back to him but changed my mind cus i really do need to get tags on my car..it was a nice gesture..guess i should buy him a thank you card. :) Wow, i cannot believe it, still freaked out a lil by it, cus after all, it is stalker jim and we do call him that for good reason.

So overnight gas prices rose up to $3.14 a gallon...HOLY CRAP!! What is this country coming to? I understand that it is important for companies to make a profit, but this is just gross abuse of power!

I recently read somewhere that now some of the gas corporations are now grossing over 1 billion dollars more a year because of the price hike!!!! This is seriously out of hand..when is it going to stop? I guess this is what we get for having a president in the office who has family in the oil business eh?

Anyway, enough ranting about that..Linda and i are going out to see our friend, justin, and his band play out at the Roadhouse, i'm pretty excited about going to see him cus i haven't seen him in a long time and their show has such energy..i cannot wait! :) I just wish my honey was coming with us...*sighs* i sure miss him..

At any rate, hope everyone has a good evening, i need to go get ready for my first Saturday off in 3 years :)

No comments: